A cluster of islands situated on the southern part of Lakshadweep islands of India and approximately 700 km southwest of Sri Lanka, is known as Maldives. It is the land of white sand-beaches and crystal clear blue water. Abundant aquatic life and wonderful coral reefs of Maldives makes it an obvious choice for scuba divers. Maldives can be precisely called a collection of coral islands situated on the Indian Ocean.
The weather is usually humid, warm and sunny all through the year. This makes it favorable for diving and thus, thousands of divers come here to enjoy the sport. It is also fast gaining the attraction of the surfers of the world.
The Maldives International Airport and other airports in the island is the source of connectivity with the other parts of the world. After reaching the airport the travelers need to hire a seaplane or a speedboat or the locally used Dhoni in order to reach their desired location. The other modes of transport used to move from one place to the other tourists can take help of motorbikes, taxis or take a walk of approximately 10 minutes. In order to hop from one island to the other a traveler needs to use the island’s ferry.
Maldives sightseeing places are indescribable. Whale and Dolphin watching is a source of relaxation and a compulsion when you are in Maldives. More than around 20 species of Whales and Spinner Dolphins can be seen here. Many Resorts offer exclusive trips for such adventure. The tourists can indulge in various kinds of water sports like parasailing and surfing.
Maldives is like a series of beautiful coral islands, located in the Indian Ocean. It is a great place for the water sports devotees and for people who find irresistible to treat themselves under the sun. There are many tourists’ places near Maldives that have attracted visitors to the island. Several islands have huge lagoons that help them as additional attraction to those places.
· The places to visit in Maldives include some famous Mosques like the Grand Friday Mosque, the biggest in the island; the Hukuru Miskiiy, the oldest in the island and the Mulee Aage Palace.
· The National Museum of Maldives located in Sultan Park is a very old Palace converted into a museum later, is famous among the Maldives tourist places.
· The fish market in Maldives is another tourist attraction. Travelers can just take a look of the various fish products or experience fishing themselves mostly during the night with a starry open sky overhead.
· It is a must to take a trip the beaches of Maldives which are considered as one of the hottest beaches in the world. The places around Maldives and its beaches offer the travelers to enjoy exotic and gorgeous scenic beauties.
· There are quite a few artificial waterfalls near Maldives. The Sheraton Full Moon’s waterfall in Maldives is the biggest of all.
There are many good restaurants in Maldives that provide luscious food to the travelers. The cuisines include Continental, Thai, Indian and Regional food varieties.